Monday, July 24, 2006

Baby's First Vomit

Surprisingly, there is no entry in your typical baby book for documenting the first time a baby gets sick. Luckily for Lucie, that moment can be captured for posterity on the blog ... though you can see she recovered quick enough.

Lucie's stomach definitely didn't agree with something. Could have been the tofu, squash, and peas she had for lunch or my aggressive driving, but she threw up all over herself in the car yesterday. I now know two things: the quickest way to get me to pull over is for Megan to scream "Chris, she's throwing up!" and that car seats are a pain to clean. It took the rest of the afternoon to disassemble the carseat, throw the fabric pieces in the wash, and hose down the frame. Assuming Rachel and Jason haven't yet decided to pass on the hand-me-down carseat, I'm guessing this post will do the trick.

1 comment:

Amey said...

When I was in high school, I had a job at a store that sold used/traded kid's stuff. One of my frequent, and absolute least favorite, jobs was to clean up the used car seats. Eww! Always having mysterious stains and spills and old raisins under the cushions! Glad you were able to clean up, and that little miss Lucie Goosie is feeling better! xo Amey