Thursday, January 12, 2006

The Next Rachael Ray

Behold, the lasagne. As you may have already deduced, any lasagne determined blog-worth is not an ordinary lasagne. This, one of my few signature dishes, was made while Ryan and Lucie participated in every twin parent's dream, simultaneous napping. Can you believe it? A few weeks ago, I would have been lucky if I brushed my teeth while the babies alternated 10 minute snoozes. Yesterday, however, I could boil water, brown meat, layer cheeses and voila, a lasagne ready for the oven!

I won't claim too much credit here. Much of why our babies nap better is the same reason they sleep longer at night, simply a case of development. Naps used to exist for only brief periods in a moving object (swing, stroller, someone's arms, etc.). Now the babies are actually sleeping in their co-sleeper, thank goodness. Just as my mom assured me, it does get easier.

I don't want to be too ambitious, but maybe next week I'll make a lasagne and brush my teeth. Don't hold me to that.

No comments: