Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Gold Medals in "Why?"

The first time we watched the Olympics with Ryan and Lucie, there was more feeding, burping, and rolling going on than actual watching. So much has changed in two and a half years.

We've all been enjoying a bit of the summer games together, with cute and funny results. Chris and I can't answer R & L's questions fast enough. Here's a bit of what we've heard lately:

Rowing:
"Daddy, where's the number four boat?" (Ryan)
"Whaz his name, Daddy?"
(Ryan)
"Where's the number three boat?"
(Ryan)
"I don see the number four boat, Daddy. Where is he?"
(repeat this question over and over again, and that was Ryan's appreciation of rowing. Apparently he really liked the number four boat.)

Medal Ceremony:
"How did those flags go up, Daddy?
(Ryan)
"Where are the flags going?"
(Ryan)

Swimming:
"He went underwater. Where's he going?"
(Lucie)
"Where are their heads?"
(Ryan)
"Why did you say 'Oh Geez', Daddy?"
(Lucie)
"How does he get out, Daddy?"
(Lucie)
"Where's the ladder?"
(Lucie)

And, finally, "Can we watch 'Clifford'?"

2 comments:

Marsha said...

I don't always comment but I so enjoy seeing what the kiddies are up too! This time I had to comment because it definitely looks like Chris has his "hands full" in this photo :-) Do I spy fresh haircuts too?

Jayme said...

I was wondering where that number four boat was also! Goodness L&R are growing up too fast. We need another CA visit I think.