Monday, September 19, 2016

Lucie at Eleven

Our amazing girl turns 11 today. In honor of Lucie's birthday, here are her answers to eleven burning questions — perfectly capturing this incredible age of discovery, responsibility and adventure.

1. What five words do you think best describe you?
Creative, fun, smart, kind, and thoughtful.

2. What have you done in the past year that you are most proud of?
I grew my hair out and then donated an 8 inch ponytail to Beautiful Lengths. I read over 100 books this summer. Also, I learned Italian! Well, not completely but enough to order gelato when we were in Italy last fall. I ran three 5K races last year too, all under 30 minutes. And, I did a 5 day hike through the Yosemite High Sierra Camps with my brother and parents.

3. What do you think will be a new privilege that comes with being 11 years old?
I'll have more responsibility taking care of Jake and I'll be able to stay home by myself sometimes.

4. How would you like to celebrate your 11th birthday?
I would love a bouquet of flowers and an ice cream cake. And a slumber party with my best friends too.

5. If you could be invisible for a day, what would you do?
I would wear a hat that wasn't invisible and walk around freaking people out with my floating hat. Then I would wear some non-invisible pants and I would dance making people think the pants were dancing by themselves!

6. Where is your favorite place in the world?
I really like my closet, especially now that it's clean and has new carpet. I can get cozy in there with a book and a flashlight. 

7. Of all the things you are learning, what do you think will be the most useful when you are an adult?
Math!

8. What are your favorite types of books to read?
I love adventure and fantasy books. I also like slightly scary books. Only slightly scary, though. I'm not a fan of horror or gruesome things.

9. What are you most looking forward to in fifth grade?
I'm looking forward to BizTown. It's a program that lets kids do job interviews and then spend one day doing that job in a pretend city with other kids.

10. What's one rule in your family that you'd like to change?
Chores! I understand that you have to do them, but I wish they were more fun.

11. If you could buy a plane ticket to anywhere, where would you go?
I would see go to New York City in the winter and see Hamilton musical. I can sing the entire show!

You're the best eleven year old girl ever, Lucie B. We love you!

2 comments:

Amey said...

so many awesome responses! cozy with a flashlight in the closet, so many athletic accomplishments, learning italian (ciao, Lucie!), reading scary books!! Happy Birthday Lucie! In Italian, you can either say "Buon Compleanno" or "Auguri" (best wishes) for someone's birthday.

Jayme said...

Happy Birthday Lucie! I loved reading all your responses and learning more about you. You've had some great accomplishments this past year. Wishing you another great year.