Saturday, September 19, 2015

Double Digits: Ryan


Our wonderful boy enters the double digits today. In honor of Ryan's 10th birthday, here are his answers to ten burning questions, capturing him at this incredibly active (and sweaty), fun and utterly lovable age.  (Why can't I freeze time?)

1. Tell me five great things about you - even though we know there are more than five!
(1) I'm good at lots of sports. (2) I once slept in until 8:18 am. (3) I play with my brother a lot and make up games. (4) My friends love my niceness and sense of humor. (5) My sister and brother love my jokes, like the "tooting Penguin". My sister especially loves my jokes in the grocery store, like the "infamous backscratcher", which was actually a toilet scrubber. 

2. What do you know how to do that you can teach to others?
I can teach them how to use a Chromebook, play pretty much any sports game, and read the box scores in the newspaper and understand the "magic number" in baseball. The magic number today is 8!

3. What do you think will be a new privilege that comes with being 10 years old?
Being able to walk to school by myself! Also, now that I'm double digits, I'm three years away from being a teenager, five years from being able to drive, and eight years from being able to vote. 

4. How would you like to celebrate your 10th birthday?
I would like to go to game 7 of the World Series, Dodgers vs. Blue Jays. I hope this happens.

5. What are your favorite words?
"Boss", "beast" and "spontaneous combustion". 

6. How would you spend your perfect Saturday afternoon?
I would play Clash of Clans on the couch with my dad while watching a Dodgers game. 

7. What would you love to eat daily for every meal?
Breakfast: scrambled eggs and bacon, Lunch: grilled cheese sandwich, Snack: blueberries, honey and yogurt, Dinner: ribs and mashed potatoes

8. On the subject of food, do you like salty or sweet things?
Sweet! I like a lot of candy like gummy bears and Swedish fish.

9. What are you most looking forward to about our upcoming trip to London and Florence?
I can't wait to see my cousins and grandparents. I'm looking forward to buying things and playing around at the house. I want to go on the tube in London. 

10. How do you like fourth grade?
I like it because you get more recess time (5 more minutes). My teacher is really nice and I like use the Chromebooks. 

You make every day sweeter, Ryan. Have the best 10th birthday!

No comments: