Friday, September 19, 2014

Nine Years Old: Ryan

Our kind, bright, active, buzz-cut sporting boy turns nine years old today. In honor of his birthday, I thought I'd ask Ryan nine questions to capture him at this special age. Here we go...

1. Tell me five GREAT things about you (even though we all know there are more than 5)
- I know how to play sports, and I'm a pitcher on my baseball team.
- I love to be with my family.
- I love the ocean.
- I'm really good at doing math.
- I'm really strong at doing sit-ups and push-ups. My doctor said I have "abs of steel". 

2. On a scale of one to ten - how strict do you think your parents are?
I think my parents are a three because my parents are nice. 

3. What do you know how to do that you can teach to others?
I know how to pitch in baseball and throw a change-up. I also know a lot about playing Clash of Clans on the iPad. I teach people how to play "Bump-Out" (a basketball game) at recess. Also I can teach people how to boogie board. 

4. If you could choose a new name for yourself, what would it be?
I wouldn't really want to change my name. I like my name. If I had to change it, it would be Jack. 

5. How would you change the world if you could?
There would be more baseball teams in the whole world and more kids could play baseball at recess. I think there should be more trees to climb and do pull-ups on.

6. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
I would live in Los Angeles right next to Dodger Stadium and I would have season tickets. Anyone can live with me if they want, but they'll have to go to a lot of Dodger games.


7. What's the most wonderful thing that ever happened to you?
The most wonderful that ever happened to me was when I got to start playing for my competitive baseball team last year. When Jakey was born was a great thing too!


8. Who do you look up to?
Mike Trout, Clayton Kershaw, Yasiel Puig, Zack Greinke, and my family.

9. How do you want to celebrate this birthday?
I want to celebrate with my friends at a bowling alley. I also want to see a Dodger playoff game. And eat tacos and Oreos.

We love you Ryan - happy 9th birthday buddy!!

1 comment:

Jayme said...

Tacos and oreos sound like a fun way to celebrate a birthday. Happy Birthday Ryan!