Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Shopping Helpers

When I wasn't watching, a little boy (and his sidekick sister who came up with all the ideas) added a few items to my grocery list this weekend.

They found it hilarious, and kept asking me, "Read the list, Mommy! Read the list!" I wonder how much a "Ryan", "Gigi" or an "ATM" goes for at the store these days?

And, speaking of shopping, we picked up a bag of the first cherries of the season last week. The kids love cherries.

Last summer we had to take the pits out for them, as Lucie and Ryan hadn't quite mastered it on their own. But not this year. They were very proud of themselves for figuring it out. We just had to make sure everyone was well covered up, because there was a juicy, sticky learning curve.

At this age, every seemingly small accomplishment is celebrated with such enthusiasm and excitement. It makes me want to eat cherries with Lucie and Ryan every day.

No comments: