Thursday, November 19, 2009

Goofballs

Lucie and Ryan's laughter is such a pure, infectious form of happiness, that I'm guilty of trying to provoke it myself. These two can turn a seemingly normal word into a laughing fit of uncontrollable, gut-wrenching giggles. The next thing I know, I'm rolling on the floor with them over something as silly as Ryan saying "beluga whale" over and over again, or a rendition of the latest song from the "Fresh Beat Band" (a music group that sometimes plays after their favorite TV program). L & R's punchy moods can be contagious.

This sweet and simple silliness doesn't always translate to writing, as so much of it is in tone of voice, pronunciation or corresponding dance moves (the best!). Often times too, the intention is perfectly serious, but whatever comes out of their mouth makes everyone laugh. These recent gems are just too funny, sweet, and innocent not to write down.

Lucie: "Ryan, do you want to go on a space mission with me?"
Ryan: "Sorry, can't do it, I have to go pee!!!"

Lucie, at the dinner table: "Daddy, I will NOT eat pizza, I will ONLY eat broccoli!"

While working together sweeping under the kitchen table, Lucie to Ryan: "Ryan, you're making me work ALL DAY!"

Lucie, at bedtime: "Mommy, how do you say I really, really, really, really love you in french?"

And, lastly, one of my recent favorites is Ryan's adoption of the word "perhaps", though out of his mouth, it sounds like "be-haps". It's hard to catch sometimes, but if you hear him say it, I guarantee you'll smile.

No comments: