Sunday, January 25, 2009

Mandatory Rest Period

As Ryan and Lucie approach 3 1/2, nap time doesn't always translate into sleep time. Sometimes there are just too many stories to tell and giggles to share for an actual nap to take place. Oh well. We're not giving up though — that hour of peace and quiet is too valuable to us all. We still go through the nap routine, and if they're not asleep in an hour, they each get a pile of books to read.

One day this past week, I could hear both of their voices sharing tales of the morning, and then suddenly I only heard Ryan's voice. "LUCIE! LUCIE! Look at my crazy move? I went bonk! Lucie?", he called out. Even Ryan's crib gymnastics couldn't keep her awake. It was time for some "quiet" time away from his sleeping sis.

He happily went through all his Amazing Machines Truckload of Fun
books one by one (he's very methodical, just like his dad). My favorite Ryan line from this reading of Busy Boats, "Some boats carry cars!" Who knew? And now on to Super Submarines...




1 comment:

Amey said...

oh my GOD that is so cute. so cute. I am going to explode from a cuteness overload. my heart is melting!