Monday, February 06, 2006

Let's Eat

At Ryan and Lucie's four month check-up, the doctor said that we could start introducing solid foods, starting with rice cereal, within the next month or two. Being the Generation X parents that we are, a book on making baby food was purchased online that very afternoon. Wouldn't want to start this important step without doing our research, right? (I won't even go into how long it's taken us to buy a crib!)

Anyway, I think I forgot that making baby food is about as easy as it gets - grab a mushy banana, mash it with a fork, and there's breakfast. I definitely remember this from helping my parents feed my younger brother. Oh well, the book does have some good tips about making large batches of foods and freezing individual size servings in ice cube trays for future use.

We won't break out the bibs quite yet, but in the meantime we're having fun watching Ryan and Lucie develop some fat rolls and grow out of clothes. Here's Lucie modeling size 6-9 month, and a pom-pom and rasberry hat - adorable creations from Aunt Rach of course!

No comments: